Saturday, October 9, 2010

Beany Salad

Yesterday I bought a bunch of canned beans BECAUSE I can't seem to cook them correctly. They're always tough and not good. Except chickpeas, I'm pretty good with those. I'm also finding... that it really IS easier to cook without a recipe, if you know a LITTLE bit about what you're doing. Otherwise things turn out badly, for me anyways.

Beany lovely Vegetable SALAD

  • I carrot grated
  • three radishes 
  • half a red onion
  • about a tbsp of garlic
  • a few green beans chopped 
  • couple stalks of celery chopped
  • can of mixed beans
  • a vinaigrette (I used classic herb)

Alll my lovely ingredients!

Canned beans suck but at least aren't like eating... something with shells



I kept adding and adding which is what I do when I have no idea what I'm doing, which is often. Usually it ends badly though, this time it turned out ... well you'll have to wait and see!


I made quite the mess again

BEAUTIFUL COLOURS



MMM MMM

And soo! I made this lovely salad. But since I didn't have to time waste sitting and waiting for it to soak and become all yummy, I made a wrap. Spread some hummus on a tortillas and slap it on like you were slappin' the bass man. 





And the answer was that it was delicious. Satisfying, and easy! 
Okay great, another blog of something any vegan already knows how to make! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment